Boys & Girls Club of Greater Waterbury
THIS SITE IS PROVIDED BY THE BOYS & GIRLS CLUB OF GREATER WATERBURY (BGCGW)
BGCGW is committed to complying fully with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998. BGCGW does not intend to collect personal information from children under the age of 13. While we encourage children to visit our site and learn more about our programs, we recommend, however, that parents approve and closely supervise the activity of their children at this and all other online sites. We urge children to check with their parents before entering information on any website and we urge parents to discuss with their children restrictions regarding the online release of personal information to anyone they do not know.
BGCGW collects information in several ways from different parts of this site. BGCGW may ask you for personal information at times, such as when you ask a question or report a problem with this site. If you contact BGCGW, BGCGW may keep a record of that session or correspondence, including a record of your email address. BGCGW may also occasionally ask users to complete surveys for research purposes. There also may be services on this site that require you to fill out an online form or send BGCGW an email message in order to utilize these services. BGCGW collects any information that you provide in such circumstances, including any personal information.
We may ask you for identifying and personal information to:
- Invite you to receive periodic email updates about our progress: When you accept, or "opt in," we ask you to give us your email address and respond to some questions that help us tailor our information to your interests. You can "opt out" of receiving these periodic updates at any time.
- Processing any online donations, you make to BGCGW: When you donate to honor someone else, we do not use the information you give us about that person for any other purpose.
BGCGW also may collect IP addresses, domain names, and similar items regarding users of this site to measure the number of visits, pages visited, average time spent on this site, and similar items. This list is not exhaustive, but intended to give visitors to our website an idea of information we may collect.
BGCGW may use the information it collects through this site to improve its marketing and promotional efforts, to improve its content, and to customize this site's services, content, and layout. BGCGW may use the information it collects through this site to inform you of new services, changes or promotions. If you do not want us to send you this type of information, please let us know by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
BGCGW may disclose information it collects through this site when required to do so by a court, regulatory agency, subpoena, law, regulation, or other body of competent jurisdiction and authority, and for administrative and other purposes that BGCGW deems necessary to maintain, service, and improve its products and services and to protect its rights and property. Finally, if you become involved in any violation of security, or violation of any party's or third party's rights, BGCGW may release information about you to assist in investigating, resolving, or remediating any such incidents.
We assume no liability for any unauthorized actions of third parties or accidental transmission errors that may disclose information about you, and BGCGW is not responsible for these other sites' privacy practices, which may be different from BGCGW's privacy practices.
We remind you that Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and other social media outlets are public forums.
- No confidential information should be posted to our Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or other social media site but should be directly communicated to us in person, by phone or email.
- We will not request any confidential information through any social media site.
- We are not responsible for the content of any ads appearing on any social media site.
- We reserve the right to delete any post on its Facebook page at any time when deemed necessary.
- We do not condone inappropriate, threatening or defamatory remarks posted on any social media site and reserve the right to delete any post at any time as deemed necessary.
- We reserve the right to edit its Facebook user list at any time.
If you have a question or complaint regarding BGCGW's privacy practices, or to request that BGCGW delete your personal information from its records, please contact BGCGW at email@example.com.